Monday, March 20, 2017

Manic Monday #13: Goodreads





Do you ever wish that you didn’t read a review or check the average rating for a book on Goodreads before you buy it? I love Goodreads, I truly do because it helps me keep track of the books I’ve read and the books I want to read. I also get to connect with other readers through posting and reading reviews.


I can’t think of a single book that I’ve read in the pass 3 years that I didn’t research on Goodreads beforehand. I always need to check out reviews before I buy a book. I used to read the synopsis and if it sounded good I’d buy it. Not any more.

I’m glad that there is site/app where I can checkout what other readers are thinking, but lately, I've been irritated with how it influences my reading decisions. I try to take other’s views with a grain of salt but I still find myself shying away from 3.5 or less starred books regardless of the varying opinions.

Do you feel like Goodreads is a curse and blessing? Do non-amazing ratings make you iffy? Is Goodreads affecting your choice in reading a certain book?

No comments:

Post a Comment