Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Shon & Tina Review: Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Title / Author: Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Published: May 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin
Page: 306
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy and Paranormal
Source: Bought
Series: House of Night
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars



Synopsis

After a Vampire Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx and has affinities for all five elements: Air, Fire Water, Earth and Spirit. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends (or Nerd Herd, as Aphrodite calls them)



~*~We chose the House of Night series as our October read.~*~


Shon's Thoughts:

The book starts out kind of interesting. It's different from your typical vampire stories. I felt if I had read this book back in 2007, I would have enjoyed it even more.

For some strange reason I had a hard time getting through chapter 16. It took me a whole day to read that one chapter.

One thing that I found interesting was that Zoey, had an affinity for the five elements: wind, fire, water, earth and spirit. It reminds me of Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomir from Vampire Academy. (Both series came out in 2007).


I do not not see myself  continuing with the series.


I gave this book 2 out of 5 stars.






Tina's Take:


I also had a hard time reading this book. I couldn't take it seriously. There was constant eye rolling. There was barely any intelligence from anyone aside from the main character. The story was predictable. Of course the heroine will take over as leader of the coven. Classic hero story. There was also plenty of hero worship in this story.


The only part I found funny was her complete assery to pretty boys even though she herself was pretty. Thank goodness she has a good circle of friends, they were entertaining, and make up a great squad.


The writing style loosely reminds me of LJ Smith because the story incorporated various fantasy elements and does not distinctly stick to vampirism. Overall, if it wasn't so silly, I would give it a higher rating.

I gave this book 2 out of 5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment