Saturday, May 28, 2016

Wendy's Review: Crown of Midnight

Title / Author: Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Published August 27th 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Pages: 418
Genres: Fantasy, Romance, Magic, Young Adult, High Fantasy, Adventure, Paranormal, Action
Source: Bought, Bookoutlet
Rating: 5 stars



Synopsis

"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.
It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul as black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie... and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.

MY REVIEW/THOUGHTS

My mind couldn't be more blown away! Sarah J. you did it again!
I think by far this book is my favorite of the series thus far! I feel like I say that every time I finish a book but seriously I really liked this one l o l. Ok so I still think Celaena is a softy on the inside but
(I was talking to Tina the other day & we came up with the excuse of...) sometimes I forget she is a young 16yr. old :P Although her badass-ness was shown in this book way more! I'm also surprised with this mysterious castle that has some really cool secrets and I can't wait to unleash them (as if I'm the one in the book revealing all these mysteries lol) At this point I'm a little annoyed at Chaol. (I would like to say the reason why I'm annoyed, but I do not want to spoil it. So go read it! and then come back so we can discuss.hehe) Then there is the prince. Oh Prince Dorian! You have been so patient and kind throughout this book that I hope to see what Sara J. has in store for you! (<ok, letters to fictional characters #sorrynotsorry). Also in this book the saddest thing happens and Celaena does not take it lightly. This is when she becomes a badass!! >:) so I'll stop here....go read the book to reveal the secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment