Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Starflight by Melissa Landers



Starflight by Melissa Landers

Published February 2nd 2016 by Disney-Hyperion
Genres: Fantasy, Young Adult, Romance, Sci-Fic, Adventure
Page: 274
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Review by: Tina


Synopsis

Life in the outer realm is a lawless, dirty, hard existence, and Solara Brooks is hungry for it. Just out of the orphanage, she needs a fresh start in a place where nobody cares about the engine grease beneath her fingernails or the felony tattoos across her knuckles. She's so desperate to reach the realm that she's willing to indenture herself to Doran Spaulding, the rich and popular quarterback who made her life miserable all through high school, in exchange for passage aboard the spaceliner Zenith.



Review
I really enjoyed reading this book. It caught my attention from the first chapter. I was at first weary because it's about space but I was in for a treat...

What grabbed my attention
Intrigued by the prospect of a lone orphan traveler without a penny to her name or a place to go. She meets an old classmate who gives her passage if she indenture herself to him for five months.


Similarity
In chapter 14, I saw shades of Six of Crows. Clever one-liners. Witty dialogue. Amazing plot twists! Organized crime. Just what I love in a book! Did I mention I love a good jackass?


This book is definitely not what I expect from an outer space novel. It's fun and adventurous with a dash of deceit and chase. And pirates!!! Space pirates (a joke from The Martian)!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you liked this! I've been wanting to read it for a while now.

    ReplyDelete