Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #23: 10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads








Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is 10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads (Or Ten Of The Best Books I've Read Recently if you don't 5 star stuff...or you could do 5 of my latest five star reads & five of my most disappointing or 1 star reads











Shon

My Most Recent 5 Star Reads

1. The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden #1) by A.R. Torre









2. Do Not Disturb (Deanna Madden #2) by A.R. Torre









3. If You Dare (Deanna Madden #3) by A.R. Torre







My Most Disappointing Reads

1. A Tyranny of Petticoats: 15 Stories of Belles, Bank Robbers & Other Badass Girls by Jessica Spotswood









2. A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1) by V.E. Schwab









3. Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe #1) by Rosamund Hodge






10 comments:

  1. Sad to see that A Darker Shade of Magic and Cruel Beauty were disappointments. I want to read them later this year and I've heard great things. What made them disappointing? Great TTT post! Here is my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very excited to read both ADSoM and Cruel Beauty. And was disappointment by both and I didn't care much for the plots.

      Delete
  2. I want to read so many on your list - especially the Deanna Madden series. I know I own the first one. I wished you had thought more of the Tyranny of Petticoats book because I had thought about buying it. Maybe I will see if my library plans on ordering a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Deanna Madden series, that was so outside of my comfort zone and I was so happy I pick it up.

      Tyranny of Petticoats - From the title of the book and the tagline I was expecting something more from this book. With words like bank robbers and badass girls and petticoats I was imagining 15 short stories set in the wild Wild West. There is a picture of a six shooter on the cover, for crying out loud.

      Instead I got stories about the Alaskan frontier, voodoo queen, monsters, witches, warlocks, goblins, vampires, slavery and Civil War (The American Civil War not Captain America: Civil War).

      Delete
  3. Great list!! I havent read some of these but I will check them out.
    Added you on Goodreads and liked your Facebook page!

    Check out our TTT

    Leydy @ Once Upon A Twilight

    ReplyDelete
  4. AR Torre is every where today, must check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of the books on your list this week. I'll be adding a few of the book titles to my ever growing reading wishlist.

    Here's a link to my TTT post this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/03/5-of-my-latest-five-star-reads-5-of-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by our blog. Can't wait to check out your TTT.

      Delete