Sunday, October 11, 2015

Chocolate Book Tag

Today we will be doing the Chocolate Book Tag. This tag was originally created by A Daydreamer's Ramblings.


1. Dark Chocolate -- A book that covers a dark topic (abuse, domestic violence, rape, loneliness, bullying, death, etc)

  • Shon - A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, Jim Kay (Illustrator), Siobhan Dowd (Conception).  This book was not what I was expecting.  I thought it would be a dark horror story. It is not, it is a beautiful but sad story about a boy and his mother's sickness.
  • Tina - Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Ender was bullied by his brother and classmates for excelling as the brighter child. Ender was raised to play "bugger" and fight "bugger." 
  • Wendy - Looking for Alaska by John Green. The book contains sexual explicit, smoking, drinking, and suicide. 


2. White Chocolate -- Your favorite light-hearted/humourous read

  • Shon - Tell Me Lies by Jennifer Crusie.  I first read this book back in 1998.  To most people this might not sound a light-hearted/humourous read but I was in my living room LMAO. 

 Plot: Maddie Faraday's life would be perfect if it weren't for her cheating husband, her suspicious daughter, her gossipy mother, her secretive best friend, her nosy neighbors, and that guy she lost her virginity to twenty years ago who is suddenly back in town...   

  • Tina - Rachel Hawkins is hilarious. Here is an excerpt from Rebel Belle: His eyes fixed on mine. "You killed someone," he said, his voice barely audible, "with a shoe." "He had a sword," I fired back and then, to my shock, David burst out laughing. And this is a piece from Hex Hall: I heard a cry as I frantically racked my brain for some sort of spell, of course the only words that I actually managed to yell at the werewolf as he ran at me were, 'BAD DOG!' "You know," someone said off to my left, "I usually find a blocking spell to be a lot more effective than yelling 'Bad dog,' but maybe that's just me." 
  • Wendy- Falling Up by Shel Silverstein. So come, wander through the Nose Garden, ride the Little Hoarse, eat in the Strange Restaurant, and let the magic of Shel Silverstein open your eyes and tickle your mind.



3. Milk Chocolate -- A book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.

  • Shon - Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  • Tina - Ruby Red series by Kerstin Gier. I saw the movies and loved them now I need to read these gorgeous covered books.
  • Wendy- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition
     


4. Chocolate with a caramel center -- Name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while you were reading it

  • Shon - Catching Fire (The Hunger Games trilogy) by Suzanne Collins.  Hello my name is Shon and I'm a Fan Girl.  

“Peeta, how come I never know when you're having a nightmare?” I say.
“I don't know. I don't think I cry out or thrash around or anything. I just come to, paralyzed with terror,” he says.
“You should wake me,” I say, thinking about how I can interrupt his sleep two or three times on a bad night. About how long it can take to calm me down.
“It's not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here.” 

― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

  • Tina - Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. The misunderstood Aaron Warner and the hot hot hot scenes she writes. Go ahead, check the boards, there is a ridiculous amount of discussion titled "Chapter 55." 
  • Wendy - To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han 



5. Wafer-free Kit-Kat -- Name a book that surprised you lately.

  • Shon - The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend by Kody Keplinger.  Never judge a book by it movie.
  • Tina - Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. The book isn't like a story, it speaks to you.
  • Wendy - Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This book has a major plot twist. OMG go read now. 




6. Snickers -- A book that you are going nuts about

  • Shon - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 1) by J.K. Rowling 
  • Tina - A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. The writing, the innuendos. I'm so excited with where this story is going. It will be sexxxxy...muahahaha.
  • Wendy - Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch. 



7. Hot Chocolate with cream and marshmallows -- What book would you turn to for a comfort read?

  • Shon - Mockingjay (The Hunger Games trilogy) by Suzanne Collin.  Not the whole book, just page 388. My name is Shon and I'm a Fan Girl.

“You love me. Real or not real?"
― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay

  • Tina - again, Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Such an epic love.
  • Wendy - Divergent Series by Veronica Roth.


8. Box of chocolates -- What series have you read that you feel has a wide variety and a little something for everyone

  • Shon - Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
  • Tina - Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, story for all ages
  • Wendy - Unwind series by Neal Shusterman






No comments:

Post a Comment